Thursday, October 20, 2005

Christina Stürmer

The blog is not only for movies. If time allows I will also write about the games I played and music I listened to. I have written a little bit about Denise Ho. I believe I should also write about Christina Stürmer, to whom I listen almost every day.

Stürmer is an Austrian singer. Only 25 years old, she had already won twice in the Austrian Music Award, as the best Pop/Rock female singer. Brilliant, is she not? She does not have a pretty face, but she sings quite well. Reminds me of Denise Ho in the old days.

If you know me in real life you should have known that I have been learning German for more than 2 years. I think it helps if I listen to german songs, so I went searching at Amazon.de. There I found names such as Nena, Juli, 2raumwohnung, and of course Christina Stürmer. One of her CD covers look quite nice so I went to get mp3 of some of her old CDs at The Torrent Galaxy. Quickly I grow addicted to her music. Unfortunately her best CDs are already sold out.

She is now having a Germany tour. I would have gone there if not for the recent events! (Above: she doing soundcheck with her band before a show)


To the Official homepage (Germany)
More about Christina Stürmer at Wikipedia
At Yahoo! Musik you can find some of her music videos.
(all in german)

2 comments:

At 22 October, 2005 10:19 , Anonymous said...

Once watched a TV programme which says Germany is haunted by English pop songs and German artists sings in their local tongue are difficult to develop their careers. Maybe the music scene has much improved now.

At 22 October, 2005 12:38 , hokuto said...

It may still be true. Unlike here in Hong Kong, they don't seem to have separate charts for native and foreign songs, and I often find foreign singers top the charts. Let's see... Bon Jovi is second on austriancharts.at. Months after its release, X & Y is still on some of german and austrian charts.

However, when I listen to Internet radio stations I hear more german then english songs. Perhaps there had been an improvement.